Pet memorial products are also a wonderful way to memorialize your beloved animal.
All pet owners are unique and will deal with pet loss differently. Rituals or perfect memorials can help families and pet parents cope when they have to say good-bye.
Consider these ways to celebrate your pet after it passes:
- A simple picture of your pet surrounded by candles that you see every day and makes you smile.
- Perhaps host a party with friends and special animal caretakers to celebrate your animal’s life and laugh about good memories (with good cocktails). Invite all your loved ones.
- Write a letter to your animal telling them how much you love them and that you’ll always think about them. (This is our fave.)
- Put a photo in a special frame for the mantle next to his ashes.
- Consider adding some of their ashes to a piece of pet cremation jewelry.
- What about painting a picture of your animal – this is a very therapeutic way to cope with grief.
- Journaling about the animal’s Life Review and writing about all your adventures together.
- If your dog is buried (make sure this is allowed in your city limits), place a pet grave marker to distinguish where your four-legged friend lies.